Chef Eddie Brik shows you how to make a delicious summertime salad using ripe heirloom tomatoes and day old bread.
- • 1lb. Heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- • ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- • Persian or hothouse cucumber, thinly sliced (one per salad)
- • 5 oz. country bread, ½ inch diced
- • Burrata (one per salad)
- • 2 Tsp basil, chopped
- • Black olives, whole pitted (5 per salad)
- • 3 Tbsp olive oil
- • 1 ½ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- • 1 ½ Tbsp white vinegar
- • Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the vegetables, basil, and bread.
2. Add the olive oil and vinegars. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Toss the salad until the bread soaks up the juices from the vegetables and dressing.
4. Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Top with burrata and serve
Get more from the Episode >>