1. Preheat the oven to 320° F.
2. Prepare a 6-cup mini cake pan. Brush the individual cups with butter and then light coat in flour. Set aside.
3. Cream butter, sugar and lemon zest in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. When the mixture is light and fluffy incorporate the eggs one at a time. Add the chopped almonds and stir to combine. Add the melted white chocolate.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the cake cups. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before you turn them out.
6. Serve the cakes with a scoop of strawberry gelato