"Fair Game with Kristine Leahy" host Kristine Leahy's sweet dessert recipe with white chocolate.
Italian Lemon Cakes
- ½ cup white chocolate, melted (white chocolate chips or chunks)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups very finely chopped almonds
- Zest from 2 lemons
- Strawberry gelato
- Preheat the oven to 320° F.
- Prepare a 6-cup mini cake pan. Brush the individual cups with butter and then light coat in flour. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and lemon zest in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. When the mixture is light and fluffy incorporate the eggs one at a time. Add the chopped almonds and stir to combine. Add the melted white chocolate.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cake cups. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before you turn them out.
- Serve the cakes with a scoop of strawberry gelato.