- 12 large quahog clams
- 1 bottle of dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2-3 Tbsp, reserved, clam juice
- 8 oz. cooked linguini noodles
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced (OPTIONAL)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley plus more for garnish
1. Fill a large pot with 2-3 inches of white wine and the sliced garlic. Bring to a simmer.
2. Add the clams to the simmering wine and steam until the shells open. About 6-10 minutes.
3. Remove clams from the pot and let cool enough to handle. Reserve the steaming liquid and clam juice.
4. Discard any clams that have not opened (If they don’t open, they may be dead don’t eat them).
5. Remove the clams from the shells and chop.
6. Break apart the clamshells.
7. Pick about 12 of the nicest shells and clean them, getting them ready for the stuffing.
8. Preheat oven to 350°F.
9. In a fry pan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the shallots and celery.
10. Once the onions and celery have softened about 2-3 minutes, add the minced garlic.
11. Cook garlic for 1 minute, then add the cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs, chopped clams, lemon juice, and reserved clam juice. Stir until the stuffing mixture is completely moistened.
12. If too dry, add a little more clam juice; if too wet, add a little more breadcrumbs.
13. Fill the cleaned clamshells and place them on a baking dish.
14. Scoop a little stuffing mixture onto each clamshell.
15. Sprinkle with Paprika.
16. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
17. Strain 2 cups of the steaming liquid in a deep pan and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
18. Add in the additional 2 cloves of sliced garlic (OPTIONAL).
19. Remove the liquid from the heat and whisk in the butter until incorporated and then stir in 2 tbsp. of chopped parsley.
20. Toss the linguini into the sauce to coat and serve alongside the stuffed clams.