- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 ⅓ Cups THM Baking Blend
- ¾ Cup Pressed Peanut Flour
- ½ Cup Gentle Sweet (plus optional 2 doonks Pure Stevia Extract Powder)
- 1 Tablespoon Aluminum-Free baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon Mineral Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Egg Whites (carton or fresh)
- 1 ½ Cups Water
- 1 ½ Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Handy Chocolate Syrup (recipe follows)
Ingredients for Handy Chocolate Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons Gentle Sweet
- 3 generous pinches mineral salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 cups of a muffin tin with cupcake liners (parchment liners work best) and spray the liners with coconut oil.
2. Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Add the wet ingredients and stir well. Allow the mixture to set up for 10 minutes (as it will be very wet at first).
3. Ladle the batter to the top of the muffin cups and bake for 22 minutes. (While the muffins are baking, make the chocolate syrup; see below.)
4. Remove the muffins from the pan, let them cool enough to remove the liners, then place on a tray. Drizzle the muffins with chocolate syrup (if you have leftover sauce, put it in a small jar with a lid and store in the fridge for other purposes, use as topping for pancakes or waffles).
Directions for Syrup
Put all the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking often. Reduce the heat to low and whisk while the mixture simmers gently for a couple more minutes. Remove from the heat.