Huli-Huli Chicken Yield: 12 servings.
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• ¾ cup ketchup • ¾ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce • ⅓ cup sherry or chicken broth • 2 ½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger root • 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic • 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds) Recipe:
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1 ⅓ cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
© Taste of Home 2013
Roasted Root Veggies Yield: 15 servings.
• 3 large red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 large red onion, cut into wedges • 5 medium carrots, halved and quartered • 2 medium turnips, peeled and quartered • 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into ¼inch strips • 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into ¾inch cubes • 2 tablespoons canola oil • 1 teaspoon dried thyme • ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. Baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.