"Top Chef" judge Gail Simmons shares a fresh and citrus flavored beverage recipe!
Honey Lemonade Twist
Drinks, Cocktails, Mocktails
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) honey syrup
- 3 Meyer lemons
- 2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) white rum
- Ice cubes
- Club Soda
- Special equipment: cocktail shaker, 2 highball glasses
Honey Syrup (Makes 1/2 Cup):
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Squeeze enough Meyer lemon juice to yield 4 tablespoons (2 ounces, about 2 lemons). Cut 2 wheels from the remaining Meyer lemon; set side.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the honey syrup and Meyer lemon juice. Add the rum, then fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is very cold, about 30 seconds. Fill two highball glasses with ice cubes. Strain the cocktail into the glasses and top with club soda. Garnish each with a citrus wheel, and a straw if desired.
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat, whisk together the honey and water until dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Honey syrup will keep, in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to 3 weeks.