- 3-4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 8x10 sheet Puff Pastry
- 4 tablespoons Honey, divided
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Sliced Almonds
1. Line one baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Sprinkle sugar on work surface, place thawed-but-cool pastry dough on top in portrait-orientation. Gently roll dough to seal seems.
3. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of honey on the dough, then brush to coat surface with pastry brush.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of honey.
5. Sprinkle salt on top.
6. Scatter almonds on top of brown sugar.
7. Fold dough in from each side until the edges meet in the middle. Gently roll pin over dough to sandwich interior ingredients.
8. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons honey on the dough, spread with pastry brush.
9. Fold dough closed like a book, then cut into ½-inch slices and place them (cut side up) on baking sheet.
10. Chill cookies for 15-30 minutes.
11. Heat oven to 400˚.
12. Bake cookies for 18-20 minutes, until top is golden brown and bottom is caramelized.
13. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.