- 1 1/2 cups homemade condensed milk or condensed milk in a can (recipe follows)
- 1 cup milk (whole, almond or coconut)
- 1-2 tbsps maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
Ingredients for Homemade Condensed Milk
- 2 cups milk (whole, almond or coconut work)
- 1 cup raisins
Directions for Creamer
1. Place the ingredients plus the special flavorings in a saucepan over low to medium heat and whisk for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and serve or cool and refrigerate to use as desired.
Directions for Condensed Milk
1. Place the milk and raisins in a bowl, cover and soak overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter for 4-5 hours (this can also be done in a saucepan over low heat for 30 minutes stirring frequently).
2. Pour the raisins into a strainer over a bowl or glass pitcher and discard the raisins (or eat as a snack).
Directions for Flavored Creamers
Cinnamon Strudel: 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp almond extract
Chocolate Mint: 1 tbsp cocoa + 1 tsp peppermint extract
French Vanilla: vanilla bean reserved from soaking above to remain in the mixture or 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Almond: 1 tbsp cocoa powder + 1 tsp almond extract