Inspired by the Hallmark Publishing book, "Out of the Picture: A Shepherd Sister Mystery," Debbie cooks a delicious chicken dish.
Holy Yum Baked Chicken
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coarse -grain country Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- i tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or cold water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine maple syrup, country Dijon mustard, Dijon mustard, rice wine vinegar, garlic, salt and black pepper in small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Arrange chicken thighs in baking dish; brush evenly with olive oil. Spoon maple Dijon sauce evenly over chicken thighs.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove baking dish from oven; transfer chicken thighs to serving platter, place baking dish on stove top burner.
- Combine corn starch and chicken broth in small bowl and stir to blend.; add to baking liquid and whisk over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon maple Dijon sauce over chicken. Garnish with fresh rosemary.