- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 16 oz Italian sausage
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded Italian-style cheese
1. Make a green sauce: Heat the butter in a large skillet and add 1 clove chopped garlic. Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter, then whisk in the milk and 1/2 tsp salt. Add the spinach and basil, then stir until thickened. Transfer to a blender and blend until spinach and basil are finely chopped.
2. Make a red sauce: In a large pot, cook the sausage over medium heat and add the second clove of garlic (finely chopped) while the sausage cooks. Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, brown sugar, onion powder, chili powder and stir everything together.
3. Coat an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Create layers of noodles, sauce (alternate red and green), and cheese until you reach the top of the pan.
4. Bake for 40 minutes at 350°F or until bubbling brown. Let cool and enjoy!