Ingredients for Honey Almond Baked Brie (Serves 6)
- 1 wheel of brie
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds, chopped
- 1 large sprig of thyme
- Sliced baguette, for serving
Ingredients for Sweet and Smoky Pepitas
- 1 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Ingredients for Roasted Pears with Ricotta and Prosciutto
- Pears (one pear for every 1-2 people depending on how big your spread)
- Honey, to drizzle
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ricotta
- Prosciutto (one slice for every pear half)
Directions for Baked Brie
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place Brie on a baking dish and bake for 12-15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, add honey, chopped almonds and whole sprig of thyme to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the honey is runny and almonds warmed through.
3. Pick out the sprig of thyme (allowing the little leaves that have fallen into the honey remain) and pour over the warmed brie. Serve with sliced baguette.
Directions for Pepitas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss pepitas with oil and 2 tablespoons sugar.
2. Bake for 7-10 minutes, until fragrant and toasted.
3. In the meantime, mix remaining sugar, paprika, salt, and cumin. When the pepitas come out of the oven, immediately toss with the spice mix. Allow to cool before serving. Can be stored in an airtight container for about a week.
Directions for Roasted Pears
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While it heats up, cut each pear in half lengthwise. Use a melon baller to scoop out the seeds. Lightly rub the cut side of each pear with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and drizzle lightly with honey. Place pears on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake 30-37 minutes, or until just fork tender (cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pear).
2. Remove pears from oven and allow to cool to the touch. Once you can handle them, sprinkle with a little more salt, drizzle lightly with honey (optional this time!), and fill the well you've scooped with the melon baller with fresh ricotta. Drape a slice of prosciutto over the ricotta and serve.