Ingredients for the Roast
- 1 5-lb. boneless strip Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs. grapeseed oil
- 3 cups coarse fresh breadcrumbs can be finely robo coupe panko. Lightly toasted in butter or oil helps keep the color consistent
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. roughly chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 3 Tbs. melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
Ingredients for Vegetables
- 4 Halved Globe Carrots (Blanched and Shocked)
- 4 ¼ Baby Beets (yellow roasted until soft)
- 6 Asparagus tips (Blanched and Shocked)
- 4 ¼ Baby Red potatoes Cooked and cooled
- 3Tbs. Beef Demi Glace
- 1Tbs. chopped Rosemary
- 3Tbsp Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1 Bunch wild watercress
- 4 knobs of butter
- 5 White Pearl Onion (Blanched and Shocked)
Ingredients for Garlic Pow!
- 8 Cloves Garlic sliced thin and fried until golden brown. Then chopped Fine
- 3Tbs Toasted Panko
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sumac
- ¼ tsp dried chopped thyme
Directions for the Roast
Season roast with salt and pepper and sear all sides in a cast iron skillet. Make sure to brown every inch.
In a food processor combine the breadcrumbs, garlic, thyme, marjoram, parsley, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pour the melted butter in slowly until ingredients combine. Using a rubber spatula, smear the top and sides of the beef with the mustard. With your hands, lightly press the breadcrumb mixture into the mustard. Cover the entire beef with panko mix
Roast the beef on a wire racked sheet pan at 350 degrees until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 120°F for medium rare, about 50 min. (To keep the crust from over-browning, start checking on the roast after 30 minutes of cooking, and when the crust is golden brown, tent it with aluminum foil to prevent burning)
Remove the roast from the oven and let the meat rest for 10 to 20 min. Suggest slicing into ½ thick cuts so to get that crust on every piece.
Directions for Vegetables
In a nonstick Pan sauté all of the vegetables together with a little Extra virgin olive oil until warmed through. Then add a little water to the pan along with the demi glace. Once the demi glace has melted add a few knobs of butter until shiny. Then add rosemary and parsley salt and pepper.
Directions for Garlic Pow!
Place all ingredients into the food processor and pulse till a crumble has formed. If it is to sticky add more panko
Spoon Vegetables on the Plate with a slice of beef then add another slice of beef with more vegetables. Swirl a little of the demi around the plate. Garnish with chopped parsley watercress and Garlic Pow!