Hall of Fame WWE announcer and author, Jim Ross is making his famous healthy chili.
Hearth Healthy Turkey Chili
Lunch, Dinner, Chili
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 14-oz. cans stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 15-oz. cans Sylvia’s pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- 1/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Spray bottom of large pot with Pam, saute onion, garlic and pepper on medium heat. Add turkey and cook 10 minutes or until brown.
- Add tomatoes, beans, salsa, picante sauce, chili powder, cumin, red pepper, sugar and cinnamon. Adjust seasonings to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with chopped onion, lite cheese and lite sour cream.