Ingredients for Cake
- 2 boxes Pound Cake mix
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/3 cup Milk
- red food coloring
Ingredients for Glaze
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
3. Prepare your first pound cake following box directions. Add food coloring to get good pink color in batter.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes (about 10 less than box directions.)
5. Let cool on rack for an hour.
6. Remove cake from pan and refrigerate for several hours.
7. Slice cold cake into slices no thicker than your cookie cutter.
8. Use cookie cutter to cut heart shapes from each and stack to side.
9. Prepare the other box of pound cake mix following box directions.
10. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
11. Pour 1/4″ of batter in the bottom.
12. Place your heart cut-outs down the middle, keeping them straight and together.
13. Pour remaining batter over the heart cut-outs in the pan. Ensure it gets down the sides
and covers the top. (Yes, There will be a lot of batter left!)
14. Bake according to box directions.
15. Let cool on rack for an hour.
16. Remove from pan and place on platter.
17. In a medium bowl, put powdered sugar and slowly add milk until desired consistency is
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page