- 1 cup pumpkin
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil*
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Ingredients for Glaze
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease, melted
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool till glaze hardens (it does best in the fridge or freezer).
We just used a basic canola oil, but we also give Sage coconut oil for her fur/skin, and I think coconut oil would work nicely here. You can also use coconut oil in place of the bacon grease in the glaze, but, I mean, come on. It's bacon grease. SO YUMMY.