Jumpstart your day with a healthy on the go breakfast from Haylie Pomroy, author of “The Fast Metabolism Diet.”
Turkey Bacon Spinach Egg Cups
- ¼ Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed in a strainer and drained
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus a little for the tops of the egg cups
- ½ Cup shredded almond cheese or other dairy-free cheese
- 12 slices nitrate free, no sugar added turkey bacon
- 6 large eggs
Turkey Bacon Spinach Egg Cups - Home & Family
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or parchment paper squares
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broth, scallions, and garlic and cook until scallions are tender. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper until hot, stirring constantly about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in almond cheese (if using). Set aside.
- Cut each slice of turkey bacon in half cross-wise. Line each muffin cup with 2 bacon pieces, crisscrossed into an “X” shape. Divide the spinach mixture among the muffin cups, filling them evenly. Crack one egg into each cup and sprinkle with a little more pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set (or cooked to the degree of doneness you prefer). Remove the egg cups from the pan and serve.