Jumpstart your day with a healthy on the go breakfast from Haylie Pomroy, author of “The Fast Metabolism Diet.”
Turkey Bacon Spinach Egg Cups
- ¼ Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed in a strainer and drained
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus a little for the tops of the egg cups
- ½ Cup shredded almond cheese or other dairy-free cheese
- 12 slices nitrate free, no sugar added turkey bacon
- 6 large eggs
Turkey Bacon Spinach Egg Cups - Home & Family
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or parchment paper squares
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broth, scallions, and garlic and cook until scallions are tender. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper until hot, stirring constantly about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in almond cheese (if using). Set aside.
- Cut each slice of turkey bacon in half cross-wise. Line each muffin cup with 2 bacon pieces, crisscrossed into an “X” shape. Divide the spinach mixture among the muffin cups, filling them evenly. Crack one egg into each cup and sprinkle with a little more pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set (or cooked to the degree of doneness you prefer). Remove the egg cups from the pan and serve.
Join The Garden of Giving today by sharing this recipe with a friend.