- • 1-pound bag frozen artichoke hearts
- • 1 pound chopped cauliflower
- • 1-pound bag frozen Peas
- • 2 cups low fat milk
- • 1/2 stick butter
- • 2 tablespoons flour
- • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- • 1 tablespoon chopped thyme, separated (1/2 to garnish)
- • 1-1/4 cup grated parmesan divided (1/4 cup for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Drop artichoke hearts and cauliflower into a pot of boiling water for 1-2 minutes, just long enough to soften.
- Add the peas for the last minute. Drain.
- Bring milk and butter to a slow boil in an over-safe skillet.
- Add flour and seasonings.
- Whisk until no clumps remain.
- Add 1 cup of parmesan and stir.
- Fold the cauliflower, artichokes, and peas into the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ of parmesan across the top.
- Place back in the oven and let the parmesan melt.
- Garnish with thyme.
Make sure to pick up Haylie’s book, " The Real Girl’s Kitchen" available now!