Ingredients for Squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 10 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for Pistachio Pesto
- 2 cups loosely packed Italian parsley
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions for Squash
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Half the butternut squash lengthwise. Remove seeds and peel.
2. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Transfer squash to a cutting board, carefully using a sharp knife make slits 3/4 of the way through the squash with 1/2 inch spaces between each cut. Side bay leaves into 10 of the slits. Brush with melted butter and roast for a further 45 minutes. Baste with butter halfway through.
4. Serve with the pistachio pesto
Directions for Pesto
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor except the Extra virgin olive oil and pulse to roughly chop the ingredients.
2. Turn on the food processor to a continuous spin and pour the olive oil until you have a nice smooth consistent pesto.