- 5 raw almonds
- 1 red apple, unpeeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 small frozen banana, chopped
- 6 ounces fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a blender or food processor, blend the almonds until finely ground
- Add apple, banana, yogurt, milk, and cinnamon
On the "Body Reset Diet," there are three phases and they're each five days long.
Phase 1: You're going to blend three times a day, just for five days. You have a white smoothie for breakfast, a red one for lunch, and a green one for dinner. It has all of the proteins and healthy fat and fiber and all the things you never get when juicing. You're also going to have crunchy snacks in between the meals.
Phase 2: You replace one smoothie with a solid meal that includes soups, salads, sandwiches, stir-fries, and sushi.
Phase 3: You replace yet another smoothie with a solid meal.
- The smoothies you drink in the morning are white and high in calcium and vitamin D. The lunch smoothies are red and high in antioxidants and barriers. The dinner smoothies are green and have all the health benefits of green vegetables. Nutrition Info: Calories: 325
- Total Fat: 4 grams
- Carbs: 56 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
Harley's book, "The Body Reset Diet," is available at harleypasternak.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.