- 4 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour, plus more for shaping dough
- 2 ½ teaspoons Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 ½ teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 2 ½ teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Lukewarm Water
Ingredients for Toppings
- 3/4 cup Hot Italian Sausage in pieces (or pepperoni sliced)
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded cheese (like Mozzarella)
1) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, whisk 4 ¾ cups flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. Add oil and the water, beating on low speed until dough is smooth. Divide into four balls. Place each in a separate bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature (about 70°F) in a draft-free area until dough has more than doubled in size, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Shape according to directions in recipe.
2) Use immediately or follow directions for storage.
3) Short-term storage - Can be made up to 3 days ahead.
Place each dough ball in a separate bowl covered with plastic wrap; chill. To use, let bowls sit at room temperature covered with plastic wrap for 2 to 3 hours, or until dough has more than doubled in size.
4) Long-term storage - Can be made up to 3 months ahead.
Immediately after shaping, wrap each dough ball separately in plastic wrap. Place dough balls in a large freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze. To use, unwrap desired number of dough balls and place each in its own bowl covered with plastic wrap. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Let bowls sit at room temperature covered in plastic wrap for 2 to 3 hours or until dough has more than doubled in size.
Directions for Toppings
1) Smear sauce in thin layer over pizza surface.
2) Place meat evenly around
3) Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
4) Bake at 500° for about 3-5 minutes then rotate (remove parchment if using);
5) Continue cooking for about 5 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling
6) Remove and cool slightly before cutting
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page