- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground round, ground beef)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups skim milk (or use soy or almond)
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni, elbow shaped
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (or corn starch)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon evaporated cane juice (sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet and drain.
- In the same skillet add hot water and milk.
- Add macoroni elbows followed by seasonings*.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low for about 12-20 minutes or until macoroni elbows are tender.
- During the last few minutes of cook time, stir in the cheese, cover the skillet again and give a few minutes of cook time.
- Let stand to thicken to your liking before serving.
- *Seasonings: Combine arrowroot powder, chili powder, garlic powder, evaporated cane juice and paprika which you can blend using a ziplock bag.
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 491.6 calories, 43.6 grams of protein, 36.6 grams of carbohydrates, 18.6 grams of fat
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.