- 3 ⅔ cups AP Flour
- 4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Margarine (4 sticks)
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Dutch Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 cups Low Fat Buttermilk
- 2 ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Margarine
- ½ cup 2% Milk
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1-1/3 cup Pecan Pieces
- 1 ¾ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Yield: Makes 2 - 18x13 Sheet Trays
1. Sift Flour, Sugar, and Salt together in a large mixing bowl
2. In a small kettle, put margarine, water and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Pour over flour mixture. Blend with mixer paddle until blended.
3. In another bowl, mix eggs, soda, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Add this to flour/chocolate mixture. Blend with paddle until well mixed.
5. Put ½ heaping gallon of batter into each sheet pan (18x13). Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
6. While cake is baking, mix up frosting because cake needs to be iced when it comes out of the oven.
1. Heat margarine, milk, and cocoa in small kettle. Do not boil, but bring to that point.
2. Put powdered sugar in mixing bowl with paddle attached.
3. Add chocolate mixture to bowl. Mix until all lumps are gone. Add vanilla and nuts.
4. Immediately put icing on the cakes.