- 1 Cup of plain yogurt
- Zest of 1 lime, plus juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 2 Tb agave syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 slices watermelon rounds, 1 inch thick
- Coconut spray
- 1 Tb chopped pistachios
- 1 Tb fresh mint, julienne
- * Cheesecloth
1) Place a strainer over a bowl, making sure there is enough space in the bottom of the bowl to contain dripping liquid. Line the strainer with a double layer
of cheesecloth and pour the yogurt into the cheesecloth. Let the yogurt drain in the refrigerator for at least 1 to 2 hours until thickened.
2) In a bowl, mix the strained yogurt with the lime zest, limejuice and agave. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together the paprika, sugar, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle the watermelon rounds on both sides with the spice rub.
3) Heat a griddle pan over high heat and spray with coconut spray. Add the watermelon rounds and grill until the watermelon has softened and acquired grill marks, about 2 minutes per side.
4) Remove the watermelon to a plate and drizzle with 1/2 cup of the lime yogurt. Sprinkle with the pistachios and mint. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page