Ingredients for Skirt Steak
- 15oz skirt steak (striploin)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 8 small spring onions, trimmed
- 4 little Gem lettuces, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 1/4 cup sun blushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese shavings
Ingredients for Orange Harissa
- 5 tbsp harissa paste
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1) Whisk together the ingredients for the harissa sauce and set aside In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic cloves, rosemary and season generously with sea salt and ground black pepper.
2) Heat a large griddle pan over a high heat.
3) Add the prepared baby gem and spring onions to the dressing and toss to coat. Shake off excess and place the vegetables on the hot griddle pan, leaving space in the centre of the pan for the steak. Using the back of a spatula press the vegetables against the grooves.
4) Add the steak to the remaining dressing and turn to coat completely. Place the steak in the centre of the hot griddle and cook for 6 minutes either side for medium rare depending on the thickness of the steak.
5) Turn the vegetables and as soon as they are tender remove from the pan, cover and keep warm.
6) When the steak is cooked allow to rest for 5 minutes covered before slicing into generous slices.
7) Arrange the warm steak slices with the vegetables, drizzle with harissa sauce, and garnish with sun blushed tomatoes and pecorino.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page