Ingredients for Salsa
- ¾ cup diced pineapple
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon of coarse sea salt
Ingredients for Rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut cream
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut, unsweetened shredded
Ingredients for Fish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces of Mahi Mahi
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- cilantro, to garnish
- unsweetened shredded coconut, to garnish
1. Mix together salsa ingredients and place in fridge.
2. Add chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment to “rice” the cauliflower.
3. Place over large pot over medium heat, add coconut oil then add riced cauliflower. Add coconut milk/cream along with a little salt. Mix together to incorporate and let cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Once soft, add shredded coconut, mix, then turn down heat to low to keep warm.
4. Add a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. Once very hot, pat Mahi Mahi dry and salt on both sides, then add to the pan and cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes.
5. Place Mahi Mahi on top of coconut rice, top with mango/pineapple salsa and garnish with lime zest, cilantro and shredded coconut.