NOTE: Rosemary has been shown to increase blood circulation to the brain and to contain anti-inflammatory immune system support compounds. Plus, it’s piney aroma pairs really well with lamb. That’s why I use the stems to skewer the meat and eggplant and the leaves to season the duo. On the grill, everything takes on a smoky, fragrant richness.
1. Heat a grill to medium-high.
2. Strip the leaves off the rosemary stems, leaving only the leaves at the tops. Coarsely chop the plucked leaves.
3. Season the lamb and eggplant all over with salt and pepper. Zest the lemon directly on top and sprinkle with the rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until evenly coated. Skewer the lamb and eggplant onto the rosemary stems, alternating the pieces.
4. Grill until nicely browned, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving with the salsa verde.
FOR THE MINT AND PARSLEY SALSA VERDE:
1. In a food processor, combine the mint, parsley, anchovies, capers, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic and red pepper flakes and pulse until finely chopped.
2. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Process until smooth. Season with salt.