Debbie Matenopoulos is making a delicious hot dog with some cheesy ingredients.
- 1 Hot Dog Bun
- 1 Hot Dog
- 4 slices Cheddar
- Tomato Soup Ketchup
- Chopped Scallions
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Make diagonal incisions along the length of the hot dog. Place hot dog on grill and cook to desired doneness.
- While hot dog is cooking, brush inside of hot dog bun with butter and place face down on the grill (splaying the bun open). Cook bun until toasted on the inside. Brush outside with butter and flip, toasting the outside as well.
- While the outside of the bun is toasting, place two slices of cheddar cheese on the bun and close the grill lid so that it melts (1-2 minutes).
- When the cheese is melted, place the grilled hot dog on top, then layer on two more slices of cheddar cheese. Close the lid of the grill once again to melt the cheese.
- When cheese is all melted, remove hot dog from grill and brush with tomato soup ketchup.
- Garnish with chopped scallion and serve.
- Pour can of tomato soup into saucepan.
- Turn heat to medium-high, bring to boil.
- Simmer on medium for 20-25 minutes, until thick and reduced to ½-⅔ cup (stirring to prevent burning).
- Refrigerate until needed.