Method for Steaks
1.Combine balsamic vinegar,port,mustard,honey, garlic,red pepper flakes,rosemary,and thyme in a medium bowl and whisk together.
2. While still whisking drizzle in olive oil in a steady stream until well incorporated.
3. Season marinade with salt and pepper
4. Place the steaks in a large zip lock bag and pour in marinade
5. Let steaks marinate for about an hour.
6. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high.
7. Remove steaks from the marinade and let them come to room temperature
8. Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, 5–6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
9. Transfer steaks to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes
10. Slice steak and place in the center of the plate top with asparagus fries and drizzle with sauce (sprinkle a little salt on sliced steak right before serving)
Method for Asparagus Fries
1.Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
2. Combine panko, thyme, asiago, and creole seasoning in a bowl
3. Dredge the asparagus in the rice flour, then dip in the egg and then into the panko mixture
4. Place the asparagus in a single layer on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a until golden brown
Method for Port jus
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat saute shallots and garlic in 1 Tablespoon grape seed oil until they start to caramelize
2. Add port, wine, and rosemary
3. Reduce sauce by half
4. Add beef broth and reduce sauce by half
5. Strain sauce to remove all solids and return sauce to the stove
6. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce the temperature and simmer for 5 minutes
7. Whisk in butter and adjust seasonings