- 1 cup (240ml) coconut water or water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 limes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed)
- 1⁄2 cup (18g) firmly packed mint
- 2 cups (320g) frozen pineapple
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- Optional: 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Optional: 1 teaspoon coconut oil
This is a cold-and-flu buster and potent detoxifier, all in one zesty cocktail! The bromelain in pineapple suppresses coughs and loosens mucus, while mint clears respiratory congestion, soothes sore throats, and alleviates nausea. The vitamin C in limes has antibiotic power, anti-inflammatories in kale and pineapple combat arthritis, and ginger boosts immunity, aids digestion, and adds a powerful zing.
Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
Nutritional Facts (per serving)
Calories 118 kcal | Fat 0 g | Saturated fat 0 g | Sodium 14 mg | Carbs 33 g | Fiber 5 g | Sugars 17 g Protein 2 g | Calcium 83 mg | Iron 1 mg
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get more from Tess at theblendergirl.com