Learn how to make your own bath bombs at home.
Grapefruit Ginger Bath Bombs
Health & Beauty
Makes 1 to 3 dozen, depending on size.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons Epsom salts
- 2tbps ground ginger
- 20 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5 to 6 teaspoons liquid, such as water or tea (I used strong white tea)
- a few drops essential oils, optional
- food coloring, optional (I used all-natural colors)
- In a large bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and salts.
- With a whisk or dough cutter, work the coconut oil into the dry ingredients, until the mixture resembles sandy with some larger chunks of oil.
- Working with 1 teaspoon add the liquid to the dry ingredients, stirring it in immediately with a large spoon.
- The mixture will foam slightly with each addition, this is normal.
- Add the liquid until your mixture resembles slightly damp sand. *Be sure to add just a little bit of the wet ingredients at a time, until you reach the desired consistency. If you add too much, these will begin fizzing and continue to do so. It should still be primarily dry, but when you squeeze a handful together, it should stick in a lump.
- Add your essential oil and yellow food coloring
- Once the mixture is ready, press it firmly and tightly into each mold. You do not need to prepare the molds in any way.
- Allow to dry for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from the molds and store in an airtight container until ready to use.