Ken Wingard, is in the kitchen whipping up one of his Grandma Etta's delicious recipes.
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup shortening
- ¼ cup plus 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups flour
Grandma Etta's Parker House Rolls - Home & Family
1. Mix boiling water, shortening, ¼ cup sugar and salt in small bowl; let cool.
2. Dissolve yeast and remaining sugar in warm water in large bowl
3. Add egg and 2 cups flour. Mix well with spoon.
4. Add cooled mixture and remaining flour; mix well. Cover.
5. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Knead on floured board; shape into rolls or cut with biscuit cutter and fold with butter/margarine for Parkerhouse rolls. Cover.
7.Let rise until doubled in bulk.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Get more information about this episode>>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page