1. Mix boiling water, shortening, ¼ cup sugar and salt in small bowl; let cool.
2. Dissolve yeast and remaining sugar in warm water in large bowl
3. Add egg and 2 cups flour. Mix well with spoon.
4. Add cooled mixture and remaining flour; mix well. Cover.
5. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Knead on floured board; shape into rolls or cut with biscuit cutter and fold with butter/margarine for Parkerhouse rolls. Cover.
7.Let rise until doubled in bulk.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page