Ingredients for Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 (approx. 1/2 lbs each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly slice
- 4 oz softened goat cheese
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
Ingredients for Winter Salad
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 2 Bartlett pears, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves, preferably toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Pinch of salt
Directions for Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Add the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and combine. Set aside.
3. Carefully cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
4. Sprinkle the inside of the pocket with the combined spices.
5. Layer approximately 1 ounce of goat cheese into each pocket. Continue by stuffing each breast with the desired amount of red onion, baby spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.
6. Secure each breast with toothpicks and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add the breasts to the hot oil and sear until golden brown, approximately three minutes per side.
7. Remove breasts from skillet and place in a baking dish.
8. Pour the juice from the skillet over the breasts and cover with aluminum foil.
9. Roast breasts in oven for approximately 17-18 minutes.
10. Remove breasts from the oven and discard the toothpicks.
11. Sprinkle the fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Directions for Winter Salad
To Toast the Pecans:
· Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even baking.
To Make the Salad:
· Simply toss ingredients together in a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside.
For the Vinaigrette:
· Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl, whisk to incorporate and dissolve the sugar.
· Place a heaping amount of salad mixture on individual plates. Drizzle with the desired amount of vinaigrette.