Chef Caroline Smile is making some sweet and savory toasts perfect for breakfast.
- 4 large slices of Italian Rustic Loaf Bread
- 1 bunch of Red Grapes
- 1 cup of Goat Cheese
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- 1 cup of Walnut Halves
- 1 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cutting board & Knife
- Small bowl
- Sheet Pan & Parchment
- Small Pot, Spoon
Sweet and Savory Toasts - Home & Family
1. Pre-heat over to 400 degrees.
2. Heat Balsamic over a medium-low heat to reduce to 2-3 Tablespoons or thick syrupy consistency.
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop the rosemary (stems only) and walnuts.
4. Mix rosemary, walnuts, sugar and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out mixture in a single layer. Toast nuts for 8-10 minutes on top rack of oven or until golden brown.
6. Slice grapes in half.
7. Toast bread.
Directions for Toast Assembly
1. Smooth 1/4 cup of goat cheese on each toast.
2. Sprinkle grapes across toast.
3. Drizzle Balsamic Glaze on toast.
4. Sprinkle candied nut & herb mixture on top.
5. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.