Directions for Gnocchi
1. Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water over medium-high heat until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 45 minutes; drain. As soon as potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and pass through a potato ricer into a large bowl (if left to cool before ricing, potatoes will become gummy). Let cool
2. Sprinkle 1¼ cups flour and 1-2 tsp salt over potatoes. Make a well in the center. Pour egg into the well and stir in with a wooden spoon or fork.
3. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and gently knead, dusting with more flour as needed, until smooth, be careful not to overwork about 2 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a long rope. Cut into ½" pieces, dust with flour, and arrange in a single layer on a lightly floured baking sheet.
Directions for Pesto
1. Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. Add oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
Directions for Vegetables with Sauce
1. In large pot, bring water to a rolling boil; carefully drop GNOCCHI in and boil until it floats (about 2-3 minutes)
2. Meanwhile heat 1 Tbsp BUTTER 1 Tbsp EVOO in skillet over medium heat; add GNOCCHI straight from the pot into the skillet; sauté one side until lightly browned (2-4 min); flip gnocchi to brown the other side (2-4 min); remove and set aside.
3. In another skillet on medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp BUTTER and 1 Tbsp EVOO; add SNAP PEAS and ASPARAGUS; sauté until slightly tender, about 3 minutes, tossing as needed.
4. Add cooked GNOCCHI sprinkle in SALT and PEPPER; heat until warmed through, tossing as needed.
5. To serve, top with PARMESAN CHEESE and LEMON ZEST. Drizzle with Pesto.