Ingredients for Glaze
- 10 ounces 61% bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 12 to 14 Candied Mint Leaves (optional)
Directions for Cake
1. Begin with your favorite brownie or cake recipe, cooled and dry.
2. Using a small cake ring, cut out small shapes and set aside.
3. Make chocolate glaze
4. Drizzle glaze over brownie
5. Add desired toppings such as chocolate balls, sprinkles, and edible flowers
Directions for Glaze
Put the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water and stir over medium-low heat until the chocolate and butter are melted and the glazed appears shiny, about 5 minutes. Pour the glaze into a 2-cup measuring cup or a small pitcher. Let cool to 90° to 95° F before using, using a candy or instant-read thermometer to monitor the temperature. (The glaze can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks; reheat gently, stirring occasionally, before using).