YIELD: 4-5 Large Belgian Waffles
1. Heat waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
3. In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, sour cream, and molasses.
4. Stir wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Lumps are ok.
5. Pour batter into greased, heated waffle maker and bake according to manufacturer’s instructions.
WHIPPED SOUR CREAM
1. Start cream on low speed in stand mixer until thick enough to stop splattering. Add sour cream and vanilla bean seeds, then beat on medium-high until cream reaches soft, tender peaks.
1. Combine water, sugar, and berries in small saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring frequently, until berries are soft enough to be mashed easily with the back of a spoon. 15-20 minutes.
2. Strain mixture through fine mesh sieve. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipe by Dan Kohler, 12/04/2019