Elite Chef Gilles Epie's high-end meal at home with the perfect brunch dish.
Marinated Scottish Salmon
- 8 pieces of little red potatoes cooked in saltwater
- Scottish salmon 11oz
- 2 red onions (sliced) 3oz
- 2 carrots (sliced very thin) 3oz
- 1 bunch of chives
- 16 juniper berries
- 8 bay leaves fresh not dry
- Rock salt grey (from France)
- Black pepper
- Red wine vinegar 1oz
- Peanut oil 16oz
- Cover the salmon without skin with rock salt for 2 hours. Rinse the salmon, dry it, and cover it in peanut oil with juniper berries, bay leaves and very thin slices of red onions and decorated carrots. Leave in the fridge to marinate for minimum 4 hours.
- Make a vinaigrette with the oil from the marinade, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the chives.
- Slices the red warm potatoes.
- Cut the salmon into thick slices and plate using the pictures as a reference, add the chives, rock salt and pepper as a finishing touch.