- 3⁄4 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips (for melting)
- 1 cup plain flour/ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Ghirardelli® Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 1⁄4 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips (for mixing)
- 30 large marshmallows
1. Melt the 3/4C chips gently in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water (bain marie). Set aside to cool.
2. Sift all of your dry ingredients together in a bowl and stir together.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together until thick and creamy.
4. Beat in your eggs one by one.
5. Add in your cooled melted chocolate and vanilla extract. Continue beating until your ingredients are well mixed.
6. Fold dry ingredients into the mix and the remaining chocolate chips and mix until combined.
7. Scoop your cookie with a 1 tablespoon scoop (if the mix is soft you can pop it in the fridge to stiffen up and this will make it easier to scoop).
8. Bake at 350°F for 8 - 9 minutes. Take care not to overbake as these cookies should be almost brownie-like.
9. Once baked, pop a marshmallow on top and put it back in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes for a lovely toasted effect.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page