Ingredients:For the cupcakes:
• 1 ¼ cups flour, sifted
• ½ teaspoon baking soda, sifted • ¼ teaspoon salt • 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) unsalted butter • 1 ¼ cups sugar • 2 large eggs • 1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract • 1 cup whole milk • ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted • ½ cup non-alcoholic Irish Cream syrup For the Irish Cream frosting
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted • ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract • 6 ounces cream cheese • ¼ cup of non-alcoholic Irish Cream syrup For the decorations
• ½ cup green fondant shamrocks, sprinkles, or sanding sugar Recipe:
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a cupcake pan with twelve paper baking cups, and a second pan with six baking cups.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a bowl with a handheld electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition.
- Add one third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then gradually add one third of the milk mixture, beating slowly until well incorporated. Add another third of the flour mixture, followed by another third of the milk mixture. Stop to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining milk mixture, and beat just until combined.
- Add the non-alcoholic Irish Cream syrup, and mix until just combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, beating on low speed just until incorporated.
- Using a standard-size ice cream scoop, fill each baking cup so that it is two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (start checking at 15 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
Combine the vanilla and milk in a large liquid measuring cup.
For the frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a bowl with a handheld electric mixer, mix all the ingredients for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, until the frosting is light and airy. Using a large round metal piping tip, frost each cupcake with Georgetown Cupcake’s signature swirl. Decorate each cupcake with a green fondant shamrock, green sprinkles, or green sanding sugar. Serve and enjoy!
Georgetown Cupcake's Irish Cream Chocolate Cupcake
For more information and to order their delicious cupcakes go to georgetowncupcake.com.