Baking expert and “Bigger, Bolder, Baking,” author Gemma Stafford shows how to make a no-fuss tiramisu in just 10 minutes.
10 Minute Tiramisu
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/225ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) mascarpone cheese, room temperature (see substitute idea below)
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 oz/71g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liquor (optional but yummy!)
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml) espresso or strong coffee at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional but yummy!)
- 1 pack ladyfingers (boudoir biscuits/savoiardi. Look for eggless if needed)
- Cocoa powder for dusting the top
Gemma Stafford - 10-Minute Tiramisu - Home & Family
- Beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add in mascarpone cheese and amaretto (if using) and continue to whip to stiff peaks.
- Dip ladyfingers in coffee (and brandy if using) and place in an 8×8 pan to make the first layer – you can fit about 7 cookies in each layer. Don't let them soak as the will fall apart, just a quick dunk in the coffee is enough.
- Spread half of the whipped cream mixture on top of the first layer of ladyfingers. Repeat process with the second layer of ladyfingers and cream mixture.
- Dust the top of dessert with cocoa powder using a sieve. Refrigerate for about 2-4 hours (it gets even better in the fridge and is a perfect make-ahead dessert).