“Eat What You Want” author Gaby Dalkin's satisfying Summer salad.
Gaby Dalkin - Loaded Grilled Steak Salad
- 1 lb Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad:
- 4 cups market greens
- 2 heirloom tomatoes cut into wedges
- 2 peaches cut into wedges
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 3 scallions sliced
- 2 corn on the cobb grilled and sliced off into sheets
- 1 recipe cilantro vinaigrette (Recipe below)
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Loaded Grilled Steak Salad - Home & Family
For the Steak:
- Combine the ingredients for the flank steak marinade. Add the steak and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and generously season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning 90 degrees halfway through to get crisscross grill marks. Cook until medium/medium rare, or medium, depending on your preference, and then remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the flank steak against the grain and use for the salad.
For the Salad:
- Arrange everything on a large platter and serve with the vinaigrette drizzled on top.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 5 days.