- 4 large whole eggs + 8 egg whites
- 1/3 cup light cream or whole milk
- 1/2 cup choice of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt & ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups choice of diced bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp light butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tins generously with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a skillet and sauté veggies over low-medium heat until just starting to brown. Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until center is set. Let cool a bit and remove with spoon or knife.
Nic’s Tips - Store in a resealable bag to enjoy all week long or freeze by wrapping tightly with plastic wrap.