Ingredients for Onion Dip
- 1 cup Buttermilk made with a2 Milk® (see below)
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Caramelized onions (see below)
- 2 tsp. Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Ingredients for Buttermilk
- 1 cup a2 Milk® Whole
- 2 tsp. Cream of tartar
Ingredients for Caramelized Onions
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Onions, diced
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Directions for Dip
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk (see below), mayonnaise, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
2. Fold the cooled caramelized onions (see below) into the buttermilk mixture and season to taste.
3. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
4. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Directions for Buttermilk
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whole milk and the cream of tartar.
2. Allow the mixture to thicken for 20 minutes.
Directions for Caramelized Onions
1. To make the caramelized onions, warm the olive oil in a 3 qt. stock pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
3. Sauté the onions for 5-10 minutes and reduce the heat to low.
4. Sauté the onions for 20 minutes more, until golden.
5. Allow the caramelized onions to cool completely.