Ingredients for Crab Dip
- (14) ounce package of imitation crab meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2½ - 3 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend to taste
Ingredients for Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
- 8 slices bacon (I find that thin bacon works better)
- 16 dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Drizzle balsamic
Ingredients for Cashew Arugula Pesto
- 1 c cashews (raw or toasted)
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 c packed basil, rough chop
- 2 c arugula, rough chop
- 1 large or 2 small lemons, zest and juice (approx 3 Tbsn)
- 1/3 c finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c- 3/4 c light oil (grapeseed, sunflower, avocado)
- *depends on desired texture
Directions for Crab Dip
1) Mix it all together and refrigerate until ready to serve
2) May be garnished with chopped chives and served on your favorite cracker.
3) Yes, it really is that easy!
Directions for Bacon-Wrapped Dates
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the dates lengthwise on one side to create an opening. Remove the pit
3. Using a spoon, stuff a small amount of goat cheese into the cavity of each date and press the sides together to close.
4. Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap each date with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
5. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet with raised edges (otherwise grease will get everywhere) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the dates and use the toothpick to turn each one so it's laying on its side. Bake for another 5-8 minutes, until browned to your liking, and turn the dates to the other side and repeat. Remove from the oven, place on a paper towel lined plate, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Directions for Arugula and Cashew Pesto
1) In a food processor pulse garlic until minced. Add nuts and pulse until nuts are like large grains of sand. Do not over mix or will turn into nut butter. Add the lemon juice, basil and arugula. Mix until it turns into a paste. Add the cheese and blend. With machine running, pour oil until desired texture. Taste and adjust seasoning. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week. *Herbs start to lose fresh flavor before it goes bad *For vegan version, omit cheese and/or substitute with nutritional yeast
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page