- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup pancake mix
- 4 egg whites
- butter, to serve
- syrup, to serve
- assorted berry, to serve
1. Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, milk, and pancake mix in a very large bowl until it is smooth with no large lumps
2. In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form when lifted.
3. Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, until just incorporated, making sure not to deflate the batter.
4. Grease two 3.5-inch (9 cm) metal ring molds and set them in the middle of a pan over the lowest heat possible.
5. Fill the molds about ¾ of the way full with the batter, then cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the center of the pancakes are slightly jiggly.
6. Release the pancakes from the bottom of the pan with a spatula, then carefully flip them over, making sure not to spill any batter inside.
7. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, then serve with butter, syrup, and berries!