Debbie and Cameron are making flavorful fajitas in just minutes.
Flat Iron Steak Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons better than bouillon roasted beef base (reduced sodium)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 pounds flat iron steak
- 2 red bell peppers, cleaned and quartered
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered
FLAT IRON STEAK FAJITAS DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the grill to 450 °F.
- Mix the beef base, oil, oregano, cumin, pepper, garlic, and cilantro in a small mixing bowl. Rub half the marinade over the flat iron steak and refrigerate covered for 2 hours and up to 8 hours. Add the vegetables to the remaining marinade and refrigerate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and place directly onto the grill. Grill for 4 - 5 minutes per side. Remove the steak from the grill and place on cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions to the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the vegetables from the grill and chop into 1” pieces.
- Slice the steak thinly and serve with the grilled vegetables.