- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon melted butter mixed with 1/2 teaspoon blended oil
- 1/2 tsp whole butter
- 1 carrot, peeled and turned
- 2 peeled and turned yukon gold potatoes cooked separately (roasted)
- 1 salsify, peeled and cut into 6 2-inch strips
- 1 ripe pear (small), peeled, cored and cut in two
- 2 turnips, peeled and turned
- 2 porcini mushroom, quartered
- 1 pint mushroom stock (made from dried porcini mushrooms and water)
- 2 swiss chard leaves (large) with the stem and heart removed
- 8 peeled seedless grapes
1. In a copper or stainless-steel saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add carrots, salsify, and turnips. Sauté vegetables until golden brown.
2. Add the quartered porcini mushrooms, cook for 2 more minutes. Then add 1cup of the mushroom stock and reduce until vegetables glazed and are tender.
3. Meanwhile toss the potatoes and pears with an additional tsp spoon of melted butter mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of blended oil. Season the potato with salt not seasoning the pear then roast them in an oven until golden brown about 20 for the potato and 10 minutes for the pear.
4. When they are cooked and golden-brown remove from the oven and keep warm. When the other vegetables are glazed and tender, add potato and pear to the mix. In the last two minutes of cooking the root vegetables we add the swiss chard. When the sauce is reduced, season with salt and pepper. Finish with 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Put into bowls and garnish with peeled grapes.