Actress Brooke Burke-Charvet prepares a mouth-watering salad and explaining the benefits of farro.
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 2 cups Farro, cooked (see package instructions)
- 1 cup Marcona almonds
- 1 apple cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 5 cups of crunchy mixed greens
- Handful of loosely chopped parsley
- Cooked chicken chunks (optional)
- 4 oz. Manchego cheese (one block uncut)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Taragon vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large finely chopped shallot
- 2 T fig balsamic vinegar
Directions for Salad
1) Whisk all ingredients together or use a blender (I prefer to blend).
2) In a large bowl toss the apples, farro, dates, almonds, and chicken chunks (optional).
3) Fold in the greens, toss with dressing, add a handful of parsley leafs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page