- 4 Ea. Salmon Steaks
- 1 Bunch chervil
- 1 Bunch Chive
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Lb. Brussels Sprouts
- 1 T. Garlic (minced)
- 4 T. Olive Oil
- ½ C. Whole Grain Mustard
- ⅛ C. White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot fine chopped
- ½ Bunch Chive (thinly chopped)
- 1 T. Honey
- For the Vinaigrette: mix together whole grain mustard, olive oil, vinegar, honey, chopped chive, & shallot in a mixing bowl. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- For The Brussels Sprouts: cut stems off & cut in half, blanch Brussels sprouts, in salted water for about 2 mins. Immediately put into ice water to cool off. Once salmon is almost ready, heat up sauté pan, & start to cook Brussels sprouts with just a little olive oil. Flat side down if possible, let them cook for about 1 ½ mins. & flip. Season with salt & pepper, Sprouts should be caramelized cook for another 1 ½ mins and serve.
- For The Salmon Steaks: season with olive oil, salt, pepper, & stuff middle of each steak with herbs. Grill steaks for 2 mins. Or until fish will release from grill, rotate ¼ turn & cook for another 2 mins. Once steaks are able to release from again flip & repeat until desired temperature, Salmon should still be a little pink in the middle.
- To plate: drizzle vinaigrette around plate, place Brussels sprouts down rest salmon off of the sprouts, top with micro greens dressed with olive oil, & serve.
Fabio's cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.