- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 lb. fresh clams in shells
- 2 Tbsp dried thyme, crushed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ Seafood stock
- 4 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- ½ bunch parsley
- Cook spaghetti by following box instructions.
- Start to render bacon and cook garlic in a saute pan with oil on medium heat.
- Half way through it becoming crisp, add clams and continue cooking.
- Add thyme, wine, stock, and continue cooking until slightly reduced, about 4-6 minutes.
- While still crunchy, finish cooking the pasta in the sauce.
- Add butter and parsley at the end to make the sauce.
Fabio Viviani Cooks Spaghetti in White Clam Sauce
Fabio's cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.